The story of the drama between The Black Eyed Peas and Perez Hilton has gotten pretty convoluted, but here are the basics:
1. Perez hates on The Peas new album on his blog
2. Various Peas verbally confront Perez
3. Peas' manager punches Perez
4. Openly gay Perez calls Will.I.Am a "faggot" (put that shoe on the other foot and see just how ugly it looks).
5. Perez makes a whiny, dogmatic and indulgent video blog and sues The Peas' manager for 25k. Yes, 25k for pain and suffering.
6. The ads on Perez's site when the whiny, dogmatic and indulgent video came out? You guessed it...Ads for The Black Eyed Peas new album were plastered all over the place.
So, you may be thinking that this was all done for publicity. Sportsbook has the odds right there with you...They will admit it was all for publicity +100
. Though this being a publicity stunt seems quite possible, the idea that anyone involved will
that seems very unlikely.Punching Perez becomes a trend +300Perez or Will.I.Am are going to discuss this on a talk show +200
. This seems like the best bet. After all, The Peas are promoting their new album and Perez is one of those pseudo famous people who is constantly trying to get the attention of, well, anyone.
Labels: Black Eyed Peas, fist fights, lawsuits, Perez Hilton, prop bet